Author Topic: Starting DWJukebox in XP  (Read 1973 times)

The Longplayer

• View Profile
Starting DWJukebox in XP
« on: September 08, 2013, 08:43:15 AM »
HELP!

I seem to remember a problem being posted some time back similar to the one I have now.  I do not recall it being resolved.  My apologies if I missed something back there.

I am running XP pro. 
All is working fine except my start-up.  I want to have DWJukebox start up and run when I boot the machine.  When Windows loads DW appears in full screen for a second or two and then minimizes.
I have tried placing a copy of wincab and a shortcut to wincab in the startup folder and both have the same result.

Anyone managed to overcome this to date?

The Longplayer

• View Profile
Re: Starting DWJukebox in XP
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 09:04:28 AM »
Hi all

Looks like solved my startup problem.
I have used EVENTGHOST.  configured an event to start dw jukebox when event ghost starts then put event ghost in my windows stattup folder.  Job done.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DWJukebox
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2013, 12:47:16 PM »
Sorry I never answered this... the way to accomplish this for a purpose built jukebox is to set up DWJukebox as the shell.  But of course your way works too.

Chris

capri388

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 11:45:01 AM »
How would I create a scheduled shell to run this at startup?

The Longplayer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2019, 03:48:37 AM »
Hi Capri388.

In answer to your question on building a shell, I did not do it that way in the end, as I wanted to keep the XP o.s. as it was.
If you simply want to overcome the problem of opening DWJ at startup which is what I wanted, then download and install Event Ghost.
You can easily set up DWJ as an event in this program ( using the wincab.exe file ) then put Eventghost into your Win XP startup folder.
Worked for me to overcome same problem in XP.