Author Topic: Button Sounds?  (Read 978 times)

JDS Music

• View Profile
Button Sounds?
« on: May 19, 2016, 05:57:07 PM »
I have just finished my jukebox project using an HP T5740 Thin Client with Windows XPe on a 1G internal flash drive.  Put library on Sandisk Cruzer 32GB USB. 

All is working great playing back thru my home sound surround system.  I have the sound effect of the carosell spinning between songs and the old "vinyl scratch" sound.  The only thing missing is the "click and release" sound when selecting a song. 

If this has already been done please direct me to where/how to activate it.  I HAVE searched the forum an did not find it.

Thanks
JD

elvis

• View Profile
Re: Button Sounds?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2016, 02:13:49 AM »
Hi, Have you done the obvious of adding a 'sound' to each button.

i.e.  in your 'sounds' section added,

BTN_1 = CLICK.WAV
BTN_2 = CLICK.WAV
BTN_3 = CLICK.WAV
BTN_A = CLICK.WAV
BTN_B = CLICK.WAV
etc

click.wav being any wav file you want as a button sound.  Look at any other skin file to copy a wav file you like.  (should already be one in your existing skin)
Let me know if this is not what you mean,  Chris

JDS Music

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2016, 06:52:59 AM »
Thanks.  I did that, but it seems that those sounds are muted once a song starts playing?  Is there another setting to control that?

Regards,
JD

elvis

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 10:47:38 AM »
Hi, If you look in 'jukebox.ini'  about halfway down in the 'volume section' you can alter the settings for sounds. Just change to 100 and sounds will be the same volume as the music.   Regards,  Chris

JDS Music

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2016, 03:57:14 PM »
Perfect.  Shudda thought of looking in there first.

Thanks!

JD