Author Topic: Jackies Jukebox  (Read 828 times)

BobBoring

• View Profile
Jackies Jukebox
« on: June 11, 2017, 10:13:40 AM »
Wife always wanted a JukeBox so this past winter I decided to try my hand in constructing one. After many hours searching web sites I was getting a little discourage to find out there is very limited information out there on this subject.  I finally came across this site "DWJukeBox" witch was a big help.   The following Link is a Youtube clip which shows parts of the construction.   Also, want to give a Thank You to Chris La Mantia for the software.
https://youtu.be/mNt3cUORvak

aladin112

• View Profile
Re: Jackies Jukebox
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 12:56:15 AM »
Thats the best "DIY" Jukebox i ever seen!

This is a great Inspiration for me.

Thank you!

BobBoring

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2017, 06:13:42 AM »
Thank you.  I still need to find the time to do some custom led programing for it but wife does not not want me to touch it yet. 😀

BobBoring

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 09:55:12 PM »
OK, Finally found some time to do some LED Programming on Jackies JukeBox.  Its been the most enjoyable project that I have ever done.  I learned a lot about C+programming and the Arduino Boards.  Check this You Tube clip of my latest LED effects.

https://youtu.be/ZWGdVXJNOww

end80

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 03:25:18 PM »
What happened to all the image previews of skins in the forum??
- Rich Powers

lord_kbzon

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2018, 02:06:57 PM »
Hi Bob,
congratulations for your design, is a really inspiration for me, do you have any detail about measurements of the cabinet that you can share, I am also interested on silicon tube that you use, do you have the sizes or any reference where I can find it?

Thanks a lot and congratulations once again.

BR.

BobBoring

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2018, 09:07:34 AM »
Hello BR,  Sorry for the late reply,  been on vacation.   Also thank you for the compliment on JBox

The physical overall size of the box is 59 inches tall 36 wide by 22 inches deep.  I think if a build a another one I would cut the depth to 20 inches deep.  This would then give you some spare wood veneer to work with as it was, I only had 4 square inches left out of a  4 foot by 8 foot veneer sheet. No room for errors.
As for the tubing I used, I ordered 1" I.D. ,1-1/4" O.D. inch Semi-clear High-pressure/Vacuum Polyethylene ( Part number 50375k59) from Mcmaster-Carr.  If you are planning on constructing a JBox  please post pics.  Love to see others.  Also happy to share arduine programing code for led tubs when you get that far, although I'm not a professional programing by trade. Its only a hobbie for me.  Also, I have some rough looking circuit diagrams I used and could try to post here if you need them.