Author Topic: New skin from LHUPATECH for Windows 8, 10* Tablet PC's (i-e "TV boxes")!  (Read 660 times)

LHUPA

• View Profile
Hi all DWJ friends!

SO, LHUPATECH comes back after years of non skinning for DWJ due its non functionality on Windows 8, 10*!

As all of us know about it, the new Windows* versions blocks the mouse function as well as all DOS applications as DWJ since Windows XP*!

Dermbrian experienced a DWJ skin project on a Windows 8* tablet some years ago and this worked great on his YouTube demonstration! - Since, LHUPATECH has didn't  done any skin tryout at all because the use of a tablet PC so called a "TV box" after the desktop computer used for skinning DWJ burned out after a power outage and then, an overcharge!

About a week ago, Some tryouts on that Windows 10* "TV box" have been done ant this worked great! But, solely large buttons (Square about 180 X180 in size for the current tryout) works great on an about 10 inch touch screen pad! - Using a standard DWJ skin will work but truly bad with unattended errors in button response!

The present LHUPATECH DWJ skin tryout uses only one PNG background as user interface with large square transparent link buttons directly from the songs links themselves (usually used as "title strips" on the selecting panel or "index" and three other buttons of the same size as two for scanning pages ("Previous Page", "Next Page" buttons) and the other for exiting the jukebox software ("EXIT" button). - The skin project has only two indicators (i-e "Playing" and Coming Up") for viewing the song or "tune" playing and the other for the upcoming ones!

This constitutes the simplest DWJ skin ever from LHUPATECH since its debuts in DWJ skinning! - The skin is named "LHUPATECH Schenectady SchenPad" (for its pad touch screen application) and it belongs to the "Schenectady" specialty skin series first issued in 2007 for cabinet jukebox or kiosk use!

As you should remember, the "LHUPATECH Schenectady" and then, later the other one in widescreen version (i-e "LHUPATECH Schenectady WS") skin didn't use mouse at all and it consists only of an user interface with the selecting panel or "index" screen and indicators, using only an external switchboard or regular computer keyboard whatever USB, PS1 or using a KCRTB device (that stands for "Keyboard Cross-Referral terminal Box"): usually an USB device connected between the computer and the jukebox or kiosk switchboard!

The new DWJ skin from LHUPATECH will be available in ten different colors plus a wood finish one in two viewing options resulting of a package or collection of 22 skins as: Aqua, Blue, Cyan, Fuschia, Green, harvest Gold, HGWood (Harvest Gold with a wood finish), Pink, Red, White and Yellow! As told above, The skin project will be viewable in two options as in solid color as well as in luminated  (backlighted effect) options!

So, it will be available soon for download from Wildenborch dot com through Fred Van Veen either user of this forum! It will be also available on the present forum throughout a specific topic from LHUPATECH then, Wildenborch dot com!

Truly happy to make skins again for DWJ!
I hope that this makes you satisfied to use LHUPATECH's DWJ skins again!

Have fun!

LHUPA

* Trademarks owned by their respective owners
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:10:27 PM by LHUPA »

jukejohn

• View Profile
Re: New skin from LHUPATECH for Windows 8, 10* Tablet PC's (i-e "TV boxes")!
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 04:14:15 AM »
brilliant  :)

LHUPA

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2018, 11:41:21 PM »
Dear Jukejohn!,

Thankyou so much!!!! Your positive news make me confiant! So, I will retry to send screenshots of my new skin right now after reading you! The forum doesn't find the attachment uploading path! I had tried at least 10 times with absolutely no success with the same error message!... I'm just retried it and the problem persists! Did you know who has that forum now? Usually that's Chris La Mantia the creator of DWJ that has the control of this but now Brian Dermody? Where I can fix that problem?

Have fun!

LHUPA
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 11:50:50 PM by LHUPA »

jukejohn

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:47:47 AM »
wish I could help you but I not sure who controls the forum

hope you find out would love to see your new skin very impressed with your work

dermbrian

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 03:21:33 PM »
Hi.  I don't control the forum.  I have the ability to delete spam posts and spam users and exercise that fairly frequently.  That's the limit of my additional authority.

I sent an email to Chris to let him know of the upload issue.  I'd like to see your new skin too......

Brian

LHUPA

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 10:05:12 PM »
Hi!...

Thank You so much Jukejohn and Dermbrian for your news! After writting this reply, I will retry to send some screenshots of my new skin!

Thanks a lot, friends!

LHUPA
« Last Edit: February 09, 2018, 10:08:33 PM by LHUPA »

LHUPA

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2018, 10:20:44 PM »
Jukejohn, Dermbrian,

As I said, I tried one more time after replied to you and unfortunately, this crap doesn't work at all!... The uploading problem persists! Some years ago, I had a forum project for all my projects (electronic as well skinning) with this "company" and I got full damnation with until I decide to abandon!!!!!! - Perhaps Chris will be able to fix it... I hope!

LHUPA

LHUPA

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2018, 10:38:48 PM »
Jukejohn, Dermbrian,

I got an idea! Did someone of you can upload something as a picture, a screenshot of your projects on the same uploading path as I used on your side? If you get the same error message, it results of a technical issue of the forum itself! On the other hand, if it uploads correctly without any issues, the problem is on my side and I will must find what it goes wrong!

Thanks of your collaboration!

LHUPA

wildenborch

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2018, 12:11:25 PM »
I also got the error message when uploading attachments so I assume that attachment folder has reached its maximum size.

I therefore uploaded the screenshots to my website and included the link in the Insert Image button.

Here are screenshots of the some of the new Lhupatech skins

LHUPATECH Schenectady SchenPad - HGWOOD (Wood Finish + Luminated Effect)

LHUPATECH Schenectady SchenPad - HGWOOD (Wood Finish + Solid Color)

LHUPATECH Schenectady SchenPad - WHITE (Luminated Effect)

LHUPATECH Schenectady SchenPad - WHITE (Solid Color)

« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:31:48 PM by wildenborch »
Wildenborch,
The Netherlands

wildenborch

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2018, 12:16:40 PM »
All the files can be downloaded here:

http://wildenborch.com/dwj_skins/Lhupatech_new/

Thanks LHUPA!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 12:25:41 PM by wildenborch »
Wildenborch,
The Netherlands

jukejohn

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 04:08:25 AM »
thanks to both of you
skins look cool interesting like the design will have a play with skins over weekend

john

LHUPA

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 11:04:32 PM »
Thank you so much, Wildenborch!

So, I thank hat you no longer supported any DWJ skin work from anyone! - What a good news!

I'm so glad to see my work available again for anyone on the "DWJ Planet"! What you think of this? - Some colors are darker than others and fit better in darker areas as night life use or dark rooms with poor lighting! I consider the DWJ skinning project a success and by the way the simplest DWJ skin project ever from LHUPATECH from its DWJ skinning debut in 2004! The DWJ skin project features no sound effects, no icons, no "mechanism" effects as time delays but solely a PNG background as user interface and large transparent link buttons for easier use on tablet PC so called "TV boxes"! But, I guess that you will be able to use it on any tablets or "pads" if it supports already a 1680 X 1050 display screen! Usually, tablet PC's have low "disk" space or storage possibilities and the LHUPATECH's newest DWJ skin has been built in that optic!...

Thank you again, Have fun with!!!!

LHUPA
« Last Edit: February 20, 2018, 11:15:59 PM by LHUPA »

jukejohn

• View Profile
hi lhupa

on youtube I came across your Arabesque 200 setup from what I have seen you can set it up with
custom numbers but I need to study it more and take it all in

I would like to use this as a jukebox system using keys only in a juke cabinet
starting from number 100 as this is a 200 selection with A and B sides

what im asking would this work for me using keys only no pc screen

john

LHUPA

• View Profile
Dear jukejohn,

Thanks for your interest in my work!

The version of the Arabesque 200 jukebox demo that you have seen on YouTube is the PDF jukebox (or PDFJS that stands for "PDF Jukebox Systems") released in 2008. So, the first jukebox projects I ever built with success on computer is the PDF jukebox usually operated on Adobe Reader or Adobe Acrobat with a multimedia (audio-video) embedding technology owned and developed by the same company. Adobe released that technology in its Adobe Acrobat 6.0 with an add-on software and then later with fully bundled in the Adobe Acrobat 7.0 version!

The first ones realized were "catalog" type versions as any regular PDF documents but, this time, with audio-video material embedded in it as well as text and pictures. These PDF jukeboxes were so called "Juke Katalog" until I re-edit them into full screen interactive PDF documents begun in 2007 until 2010.

The Arabesque 200 was designed in 2005 as a first tryout but it was no functional because I didn't had any idea how to make it working! These PDF jukeboxes are available and I can send them to you through a file downloading website because are gigantic! So, I have at least 25 different models including juke katalog types! But, among them, only about ten of the entire collection are distributable easily using the ASMLS (i-e "Automatic Selector Music Or Media Loading System) technology that permits the user to modify the interactive PDF document simply by using Adobe Reader: a technology (If I can call it!) that I released in 2008!

Another option is for you using DW Jukebox! A couple years ago, I completely re-edited the Arabesque 200 jukebox project as a DWJ skin for DWJ and it's some different in the look but it's seems more complex than a regular DWJ skin but it's really attractive! So, you can download it from Wildenborch dot com or using links in the present forum in the topic "LHUPATECH Arabesque 200 for DWJ"! If you have any questions about that skin or the PDF jukeboxes, don't hesitate to contact me! So, I can give you links for downloading it if you don't find it!...

I hope that all at your entire satisfaction!

Regards,

LHUPA
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 02:10:16 AM by LHUPA »

jukejohn

• View Profile
thanks for reply
amazing work you do lhupa

will go on the site and take a look

cheers john