Author Topic: Anybody out there to say goodbye to?  (Read 461 times)

dermbrian

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Anybody out there to say goodbye to?
« on: September 06, 2018, 08:53:58 PM »
This is feeling like the end of the road for my time with DWJukebox.

1.  My primary desktop computer drive just died.  I have some old backups on an external drive, but likely won't set up another computer with DWJukebox.
2.  My new iPhone 8 Plus has 256 gb of memory and holds my entire music library, has bluetooth, and I can ask Siri to play anything I have on it.
3.  I've created several skins but my hobby hours are now more devoted now to my other hobby of vintage radios.  I don't see myself creating anything new at this point.
4.  I just don't have the space or even the reason anymore to build a dedicated jukebox.  No parties at the house, and with my phone and bluetooth I can play music in any room I choose to, or have my Amazon Echo's play it.

It would be different if we still had a community here of people encouraging each other and sharing their work.  At least a little different.  But that's no longer the case. 

So, this isn't my final post, but it's probably pretty close.  Right now I'm raising my Jack Daniels in a toast to all the fun I've had with this program (not 'app') over the past what, 15 years?  Cheers.  <clink>  There was never another program like it, and now there certainly will never be. 

Chris, if you're out there (and I see you logged on August 20th....), thanks again for the work you put into this and for keeping the forum and program webpages up for as long as you have.  Hopefully, you've had some enjoyment seeing how others have used your work in their homes.  The YouTube videos alone show how this program has been enjoyed by people around the world.

TTFN,

Brian

(PS>  I did delete the latest SPAM tonight.  I will be checking for responses to this post, but probably will not be clearing out the trash anymore unless there's something truly offensive.  I suggest not clicking on strange links.)

jukejohn

• View Profile
Re: Anybody out there to say goodbye to?
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2018, 04:56:32 AM »
what a shame Brian but sadly see were your coming from

do love this program

I started digital jukeboxes' about 15 years ago and seen some changes myself I don't do digital streaming myself not for me I like the hands on approach with buttons and large touch screens

sadly streaming apps seems to be killing windows based jukebox systems for the home

maybe someone could come along and rescue this sight and update dw juke and give it a fresh coat of paint

I love dw jukebox drawn me away from album based programs love the old meets new tech idea

jph

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2018, 05:12:11 AM »
Hello Brian and Chris,

Thank you for your work and support.
DWJUKEBOX was and is a great program.
It is a pity that it will not be further developed.

Best regards
Peter
Best regards

Peter

sabu57

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 11:28:34 PM »
I’ve only recently joined, having picked up a custom made digital jukebox on the ‘bay, so I was rather hoping to say ‘hello’. There looks to be more than sufficient help already here to get me up-tp-speed, so thanks to everyone involved. Loving the program, which has a reassuring old-school feel.

Greenman

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2018, 01:06:55 AM »
I am using this wonderful software for an ambitious new jukebox build.  Build found here:

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,158693.msg1668902.html#msg1668902

jukejohn

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2018, 10:49:00 AM »
that looks really smart hope you keep us updated with progress

end80

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2018, 09:11:21 AM »
Dang DermBrian, I'm just coming back to find you leaving? That sucks! I was exited to discover MP3 has recently become open source, meaning that DWJukebox can be licensed for business use now (I just posted a thread about this a few moment ago).

I am fixin to get back to my jukebox project 'Jukebox Musician', the multi-skin build, which you yourself had praised several years ago when I first built it and I think you used it for your Christmas season after I altered it to fit a wide screen (do you recall that? It's been a few years ago at least)

Anyway, hope you decide to stick around.
- Rich Powers

dermbrian

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2018, 04:26:54 PM »
Hey end80, I still check in occassionally, and I just deleted two more spam posts.  Of course I remember the Christmas multiskin you shared with me and modified to fit my screen.  Thanks again.  This year, though, I'm going the route of "Hey, Siri....play Christmas Playlist shuffled....".   I have a backup hard drive with a lot of DWJukebox stuff and skins on it, but since my primary jukebox PC died, I'm using those shelves to display more of my antique radio collection in my den.

I'll be checking this site weekly or so for as long as it remains up and running, something that I have no control over but greatly respect Chris for providing to us all.

Brian

end80

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2018, 06:01:59 AM »
...I'll be checking this site weekly or so for as long as it remains up and running, something that I have no control over but greatly respect Chris for providing to us all.

Oh no.. is this site going away?..
- Rich Powers