Author Topic: Number/letter navigation?  (Read 3176 times)

m_aaser

• View Profile
Number/letter navigation?
« on: February 13, 2008, 02:14:31 PM »
Dear Chris!
First of all; thank you for your great jukebox software.
I especially liked the new functions in the latest version; the AutoFlip function makes the jukebox more "alive", and the mapping of mouse buttons made it possible to use an old remote control from a projector for basic functions (volume up/down, skip, play/pause) which I don't want as buttons on the jukebox.

Even if your software is almost perfect at this moment, I still have some ideas to make it perfect :-) I now use your software as a CD album jukebox on an old Wurlitzer. I have aproximately 450 albums in the box at this time. I use two screens with three albums each, but there still takes time to scroll thru all the albums.

Therefore, it would be great with a number navigation function, which jumps to the typed album number (when using absolute discAddress). On my jukebox I now only use numbers for selecting songs. The letter buttons (A-V) have no funtion at this time. Maybe it would be possible to map letter buttons for navigating (for instance making the M-button navigate to a programmed album number, which could be set to be the first album starting with the letter M) too?

One more idea for later releases; when setting the AllowSelectFullCD = True, a '00 All Tracks' in the track list would have been great. I don't think you're able to see the possibility of choosing the full CD at this time?

Thank you for a great software and a great support page :-)

~Martin~

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DWJukebox
Re: Number/letter navigation?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 08:22:24 PM »
Even if your software is almost perfect at this moment, I still have some ideas to make it perfect :-) I now use your software as a CD album jukebox on an old Wurlitzer. I have aproximately 450 albums in the box at this time. I use two screens with three albums each, but there still takes time to scroll thru all the albums.

Therefore, it would be great with a number navigation function, which jumps to the typed album number (when using absolute discAddress). On my jukebox I now only use numbers for selecting songs. The letter buttons (A-V) have no funtion at this time. Maybe it would be possible to map letter buttons for navigating (for instance making the M-button navigate to a programmed album number, which could be set to be the first album starting with the letter M) too?
I definately need more ways of navigating large collections.  The jump to letter is a good one and fairly easy to implement.  Jumping to an album number is slightly harder just because "312", dor example, could be album 312 waiting for the track or it could be album 3, track 12 if you hit SELECT.  So I'll need a pop-up or something to capture the data.

One more idea for later releases; when setting the AllowSelectFullCD = True, a '00 All Tracks' in the track list would have been great. I don't think you're able to see the possibility of choosing the full CD at this time?
Yes, it's needed, but oddly it's not easy to get in without rewriting a lot of code due to the way the various options interact... such is the price of all the flexibility... But it's planned to be added soon.

Thank you for a great software and a great support page :-)
Glad you like it... thank you for visiting!

--Chris