Author Topic: DWJukebox on Dual Monitor Windows10?  (Read 45 times)

dermbrian

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
DWJukebox on Dual Monitor Windows10?
« on: May 07, 2019, 10:59:57 AM »
Has anyone ever tried to run DWJukebox on a Windows 10 system that has dual monitors?  How'd that work out for you?

I know that every possible thing I've tried on a single monitor system shows that you can't really use Windows if DWJukebox is playing.  The sound goes into a tight loop and is basically locked up.  So, I'm wondering if the same thing is true on a dual monitor PC if you change the 'focus' to the second display.

I'm about to embark on building something unique again.  Picture a wall calendar, but it's made from two monitors off of one PC.  The bottom monitor shows the calendar (with RED SUNDAYS LIKE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE) and vintage lettering.  The top monitor runs a slideshow created from dozens or hundreds of images, with the images changing at some long interval, like every hour or every day.  I have a program that does that very well that was created for me by my son-in-law, but the program FASTSTONE IMAGE VIEWER also can create such a slideshow.

I'd like to use that same PC occasionally for browsing the internet on monitor #1, and as a jukebox, in my man cave.

I plan on buying a USB to HDMI converter off of Amazon and playing around with my laptop with a second monitor to prove the concept, and then eventually invest in another 'stick computer' to build the two screen 'calendar'.

So the related question here, again, is what kind of behavior can I expect as I run DWJukebox on something like that?

Let's see if anyone is still out there and will see this post among the SPAM. 

Brian

stevecat12

• View Profile
Re: DWJukebox on Dual Monitor Windows10?
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2019, 12:48:42 AM »
Hi Brian,
You are not "alone" :)
Can't help you on this, running on XP with a touch screen. Nice to know there are members out there still pushing the best from this program.

Steve