Author Topic: DWJukebox 3.4 Released  (Read 7011 times)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DWJukebox
DWJukebox 3.4 Released
« on: February 18, 2010, 01:12:04 PM »
DWJukebox 3.4 has been released.  This version includes discrete command buttons (On/Off commands as opposed to simple toggles) for most toggleable features for ease of use with remote controls.  In addition, a new User Timers feature has been added for skins; look for upcoming blog articles to describe how this new feature works.  In addition, new page change animations are available, and animation in general has been improved and is less likely to cause song stutters.  Finally, PNG is now supported in both skins and the Slide Show screensaver.

Here is the full changelist for 3.4:

• Added User Timers feature for skins.
  • Added support for PNG files in skins.
  • Added support for PNG and BMP files to slideshow screensaver.
  • Added SlideInHorizontal, SlideOutHorizontal, SlideOverHorizontal, FlipHorizontal, RotateHorizontal, SlideVertical, SlideInVertical, SlideOutVertical, SlideOverVertical, FlipVertical, and RotateVertical animations.
  • Added SlideShowMaxImageSize to [ScreenSaver] section of JUKEBOX.INI.
  • Added DisplayOutputFile to [Settings] section of JUKEBOX.INI.
  • Added AnimationAcceleration to [Display] section of JUKEBOX.INI.
  • Added page change animations to vertical orientations.
  • Added additional song polls in animation process to make song play smoother during animations.
  • Added BTN_SCREENSAVER, BTN_SCREENSAVER_ON, and BTN_SCREENSAVER_OFF.
  • Added BTN_PAUSE_ON and BTN_PAUSE_OFF.
  • Added BTN_RADIO_ON and BTN_RADIO_OFF.
  • Added BTN_LOOP_ON and BTN_LOOP_OFF.
  • Added BTN_PLAYSTIMULATOR_ON and BTN_PLAYSTIMULATOR_OFF.
  • Added BTN_FREEPLAY_ON and BTN_FREEPLAY_OFF.
  • Added a CMD message for every BTN message.
  • Added MSG_SONGSELECTED when a song is selected by any user action rather than by radio mode or the play stimulator.
  • Added MSG_START_SKIN when a new skin is loaded.
  • Added LimitSkipLastToMostRecent setting to the [Settings] section of JUKEBOX.INI.
  • Changed MSG_START_SKIN to be the default icon action.
  • Changed default animation speed from 30 to 20 (making page change animations 33% faster).
  • Changed BTN_COMINGUPSCROLL to loop back to the first page after going past the last page.
  • Changed condensed font to left-align rather than center if the text is too large for the titlestrip.
  • Fixed animation smoothness issues for album skins.
  • Fixed song skip during a screen shot.

As usual, the latest version is available at the download page.

jukingeo

• View Profile
Re: DWJukebox 3.4 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 09:08:57 PM »
Hello Chris (and all)

How have you been doing.   I know I been a BAD boy and have been away from the forum for a LONG time.   I recently bought a new computer and I wanted to set up DWJukebox on it.  So naturally I figured I would drop by and see what is new here.

I see there have been a couple of new releases and I remember that we had a discussion a while back in regards to using animations with DWJukebox.   What I wanted to do was create a custom skin in which you could 'see the record playing' when you made a selection.

I see something in the features section on the 3.4 release that mentions animations and I wanted to ask if you DID incorporate animation support within DWJukebox.

In addition, the last I left off with you I was inquiring about using the keyboard light outputs for letting DW jukebox control things in the outside world, namely button lights.   You mentioned that DOS had the ability to do so, but not Windows.  I was wondering if you managed to get Windows to do it as well.

With my new machine I am going to revisit my experiments with running DWJukebox under Linux/Wine.  With my last attempt I WAS able to do it, but I had to turn all page turning animation off and I had to use very graphic light skins.   So I was able to do it on a P4 2.8ghz machine , but now I have an i5 3.2ghz machine which is a multi-threading, multi-core processor.   I could only imagine that it should work considerably better.  But we will see.

So how are things with you?
Exit Light, Enter Night, Take my hand, We're off to Never Never Land.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DWJukebox
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:15:30 PM »
I see something in the features section on the 3.4 release that mentions animations and I wanted to ask if you DID incorporate animation support within DWJukebox.
Not yet... what that mention is about is that I finally finished adding other page animations.  You can also do a bit of crude animation using timers (see the LCARS skin) but it really wouldn't do what you want.

In addition, the last I left off with you I was inquiring about using the keyboard light outputs for letting DW jukebox control things in the outside world, namely button lights.   You mentioned that DOS had the ability to do so, but not Windows.  I was wondering if you managed to get Windows to do it as well.

I put in code for it but it doesn't seem to work... I think it only works on Windows 95/98 and DOS.

So how are things with you?
It has been a struggle, actually... with this economy I joined the ranks of the long-term unemployed.  You'd think that would leave me lots of jukebox time, but I've been working 12-15 hours a day creating a football simulation for Sim Dynasty , which is getting close to release; if that is a success it will become my full time job, but I promise I will not leave the jukebox world forever.  :)

--Chris

plafortune

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 06:23:37 PM »
Hello,

Wondering if this release is able to make DWJukebox work on secondary monitor (Display #2); or if there is any way to accomplish this?

Since the program is fullscreen, there is no way to move it to the secondary monitor and hopefully it will remember to open it on that display the next time.

It would be great to be able to simply indicate it in the .ini file on which display the program will run on.

Any way to make this possible.. any help will be highly appreciated.

Phil.

DonLane

• View Profile
DWJukebox Future Releases and updates
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:55:36 AM »
Have loaded or staged several variations of the Jukebox screen (skins) and like most of them. However, have discovered since, that only one or two have the setup or feature where you hear the sound of the JUKEBOX MECHANISM, along with the beginning sounds of the armiture settling down on the record (record hiss, noise like the old jukeboxes would soound like when a record started), and then fade out once the music started.  Do you have the ability to make it so that you can turn on or turn off this sound feature on ALL SKINS? (or those of choice?)
It really brings out the feeling of an old Jukebox, not to mention memories of playing such in a Diner or Bar.
One last thing on the old "Wish List", would be to have or be able to "SEE" an animated Jukebox Window Glass, showing an animated (hopefully near photo quality) of an actual 45 rpm record being changed and mounted during play.  Know this is a lot to ask for, and probably a real challenge.  Animation would most likely have to be captured as single frame animation captured from an actual video or filming of a real Jukebox working, thru the glass window. (?)
Other than that... your Jukebox works great! (but do have to ensure fromatting of the TAGS are in the proper format in order for them to catch, detect, and display properly in your catalog update process upon loading/starting.

note: also consider adding a button or feature where you can click and automatically check for "UPDATES"

THANKS!

jukingeo

• View Profile
Re: DWJukebox Future Releases and updates
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 06:22:54 PM »
Have loaded or staged several variations of the Jukebox screen (skins) and like most of them. However, have discovered since, that only one or two have the setup or feature where you hear the sound of the JUKEBOX MECHANISM, along with the beginning sounds of the armiture settling down on the record (record hiss, noise like the old jukeboxes would soound like when a record started), and then fade out once the music started.  Do you have the ability to make it so that you can turn on or turn off this sound feature on ALL SKINS? (or those of choice?)
It really brings out the feeling of an old Jukebox, not to mention memories of playing such in a Diner or Bar.
One last thing on the old "Wish List", would be to have or be able to "SEE" an animated Jukebox Window Glass, showing an animated (hopefully near photo quality) of an actual 45 rpm record being changed and mounted during play.  Know this is a lot to ask for, and probably a real challenge.  Animation would most likely have to be captured as single frame animation captured from an actual video or filming of a real Jukebox working, thru the glass window. (?)
Other than that... your Jukebox works great! (but do have to ensure fromatting of the TAGS are in the proper format in order for them to catch, detect, and display properly in your catalog update process upon loading/starting.

note: also consider adding a button or feature where you can click and automatically check for "UPDATES"

THANKS!

Hello Don,

Your requests are very much closer to a reality than you think.

1) In terms of the "jukebox sounds", just go into the default.skn file and go to the bottom where all the sounds are.  Copy this and then paste it to the end of any skin you want the sounds on.

Here is one better:

Code: [Select]
##########################################################
#
# Sounds Section
#
# Sets sound effects to respond to jukebox messages.
# To respond to a message being "un-set", put a minus sign
# before the message name.  The message BTN_ANY will
# respond to any BTN message.  See readme.txt for a list
# of available messages.
#
##########################################################

[Sounds]
BTN_COIN1=coin.wav
BTN_COIN2=coin.wav
BTN_COIN3=coin.wav
BTN_COIN4=coin.wav
MSG_PRESONG=recpop.wav
MSG_INVALID=invalid.wav

I did the work for you, just copy this over to any skin you want the sounds on.

Ok, as for the second part of your wish, I stumbled upon this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcVKIblkpJ4&feature=plcp

He is a fellow DWJukebox user and somehow managed to get some crude form of animation going.  I sent him a PM asking how it was done.   Just awaiting his reply.

Yes, I will say that I have tried out a couple other jukebox programs, but bar none, DWJukebox is the best one.  The full ability to customize the look and operation of the program speaks volumes in regards to it's versatility.  It is a very well thought out and executed program.   It is one of my top 3 favorite programs I enjoy using.

Anyway, hope that info helps you out.

Geo
Exit Light, Enter Night, Take my hand, We're off to Never Never Land.